Treatment of these conditions requires recognition of their seriousness and intensive lifestyle intervention. This includes a lifestyle that focuses on a balanced diet, exercise and sometimes medication depending on the severity. It is important to pay attention to abdominal obesity – waist circumference should be less than 85cm in women and 90 cm in men. Here’s what prediabetes means and how it affects our body
Major constituents of diabetic diet
- Diet is the cornerstone. Low fat lacto-vegetarian diet with reduction of omega-6 fats and increase in omega-3fats and restricted calories can be helpful in controlling abdominal obesity.
- At least 40min of high resistance exercise at least 5 times a week.
- A well-balanced diet is necessary and junk food must be avoided.
- Less than 2 hrs of TV viewing a day.
- Minimum 6 hrs of sleep a day.
- Yoga and meditation.
Image source: Shutterstock
Published: January 23, 2017 4:07 pm