As well as trimming your waist, a low sugar or no sugar diet can also help prevent conditions such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes and stroke.
Though it might seem simple to cut sugar out by ditching sweet foods like chocolate, cake and sweets, it’s often added to a lot of savoury items too.
Added sugar should not make up more than 5 per cent of the energy you get from food and beverage every day.
Other articles you might like;
- Colour-changing tattoo ink could help people with diabetes
- Scientists reveal THIS technique can make you lose 2.5st in four months – without dieting
- ‘Alexa, what’s my blood sugar level and how much insulin should I take?’
- The Truth Behind Common Apple Cider Vinegar Uses You've Likely Heard Before
- Eating red onions ‘can prevent cancer’ and could protect against diabetes and heart disease