The report found artificial sweeteners may be associated with long-term weight gain and increased risk of obesity.
Not only will they scupper your weight loss aspirations, they can also increase your risk of diabetes, high blood pressure and cardiovascular disease, according to the new study.
Cutting foods high in these artificial sweeteners such as aspartame, neotame, saccharin and sucralose is one only way to keep the pounds off.
Other articles you might like;
- Colour-changing tattoo ink could help people with diabetes
- Scientists reveal THIS technique can make you lose 2.5st in four months – without dieting
- ‘Alexa, what’s my blood sugar level and how much insulin should I take?’
- The Truth Behind Common Apple Cider Vinegar Uses You've Likely Heard Before
- Eating red onions ‘can prevent cancer’ and could protect against diabetes and heart disease