Raw meat diets have turn into increasingly fashionable over the past few years and include feeding animals recent or dehydrated meat, bones and organs.
It is meant to mimic the meals canine and cats would eat in the wild, but veterinarians stated they have been, anecdotally, seeing an growing variety of animals turning into sick from it.
New Zealand Veterinary Association spokesperson Dr Helen Beattie stated vets have been seeing more instances of animals suffering from vitamin deficiencies and obstructions from bones, which might even trigger demise.
Other articles you might like;
- Colour-changing tattoo ink could help people with diabetes
- Scientists reveal THIS technique can make you lose 2.5st in four months – without dieting
- ‘Alexa, what’s my blood sugar level and how much insulin should I take?’
- The Truth Behind Common Apple Cider Vinegar Uses You've Likely Heard Before
- Eating red onions ‘can prevent cancer’ and could protect against diabetes and heart disease