TAMPA (FOX 13) – Associate Professor Dominic D’Agostino, has been chosen to be certainly one of four crew members in a NASA expedition beginning on June 18.
D’Agostino will research how extreme environments influence the human body.
He says his ten years working at the University of South Florida’s hyperbaric biomedical research middle prepared him for the ten day mission that may happen in an underwater lab.
Part of that coaching started in 2008 whereas making an attempt to assist Navy Seals.
To keep away from detection, divers used oxygen rebreather masks, that don’t create bubbles.
The high oxygen levels have been triggering seizures.
“I did a easy search what do individuals do once they have drug resistant seizures and I stumbled upon the ketogenic weight-reduction plan,” he says.
The weight loss plan worked nevertheless it was robust for deployed army to comply with.
That’s when he developed patented bio-identical ketone supplements.
“As an alternative of moving into ketosis with the food regimen, which takes 24-48 hours, we will obtain it in 15 minutes,” he says.
Other articles you might like;
- Colour-changing tattoo ink could help people with diabetes
- Scientists reveal THIS technique can make you lose 2.5st in four months – without dieting
- ‘Alexa, what’s my blood sugar level and how much insulin should I take?’
- The Truth Behind Common Apple Cider Vinegar Uses You've Likely Heard Before
- Eating red onions ‘can prevent cancer’ and could protect against diabetes and heart disease