Ms Abbott stated the condition was ‘out of control’ in the course of the marketing campaign.
Kathryn Kirchner, medical advisor, for Diabetes UK stated: “Diabetes happens when the amount of glucose (sugar) in your blood is just too high because your body can’t use it correctly for power.
“This happens as a result of the pancreas both doesn’t produce any insulin, sufficient insulin, or the insulin it does produce doesn’t work correctly.
“There are two fundamental forms of diabetes: Sort 1 and Sort 2. They’re totally different circumstances, brought on by different things, but they are both critical and have to be treated and managed correctly.
“Diabetes is the fastest growing health menace right now.
“Its impression and problems could be devastating, inflicting blindness, amputations, even early dying.”
About 10 per cent of individuals with diabetes have Sort 1, which signifies that their body doesn’t produce any insulin.
Other articles you might like;
- Colour-changing tattoo ink could help people with diabetes
- Scientists reveal THIS technique can make you lose 2.5st in four months – without dieting
- ‘Alexa, what’s my blood sugar level and how much insulin should I take?’
- The Truth Behind Common Apple Cider Vinegar Uses You've Likely Heard Before
- Eating red onions ‘can prevent cancer’ and could protect against diabetes and heart disease