Habit specialists say alcohol withdrawal is “probably life-threatening” in an individual who has been consuming excessively, even for a brief amount of time, according to the site WebMD.
“Alcohol withdrawal is among the most fatal problems of all medicine,’’ Harry Haroutunian, the doctor director at the Betty Ford Middle in Rancho Mirage told the New York Times in 2011. He was being interviewed shortly after the family of singer Amy Winehouse stated they believed her dying was as a consequence of going cold turkey and detoxing from alcohol on her personal.
Other articles you might like;
- Colour-changing tattoo ink could help people with diabetes
- Scientists reveal THIS technique can make you lose 2.5st in four months – without dieting
- ‘Alexa, what’s my blood sugar level and how much insulin should I take?’
- The Truth Behind Common Apple Cider Vinegar Uses You've Likely Heard Before
- Eating red onions ‘can prevent cancer’ and could protect against diabetes and heart disease