Tresiba® demonstrated no increased danger of major cardiovascular (CV) events and vital reduction in rates of extreme hypoglycaemia in comparison with insulin glargine U100 within the DEVOTE trial, says a press release.
DEVOTE is a long-term, multi-national, randomised, double-blind and event-driven trial carried out to verify the CV safety of Tresiba® (insulin degludec) compared to insulin glargine U100.
In the trial, 7,637 individuals (Tresiba®: n=3,818, insulin glargine U100: n=3,819) with sort 2 diabetes at high danger of CV illness have been randomised to remedy with both Tresiba® or insulin glargine U100 in vial in addition to normal of care.
Other articles you might like;
- Colour-changing tattoo ink could help people with diabetes
- Scientists reveal THIS technique can make you lose 2.5st in four months – without dieting
- ‘Alexa, what’s my blood sugar level and how much insulin should I take?’
- The Truth Behind Common Apple Cider Vinegar Uses You've Likely Heard Before
- Eating red onions ‘can prevent cancer’ and could protect against diabetes and heart disease