Tablets, tablets, drugs. It seems each ailment — from headaches to high blood pressure — wants them. However, what for those who might swap the medicine for greens?
A world group of researchers envision such a future for type-2 diabetics based mostly on new results published Wednesday within the journal Science Translational Drugs. Their findings show how a compound present in broccoli improves diabetic outcomes to an extent that rivals the go-to drug remedy, with fewer extreme unwanted effects.
“To many patients, it could be extra engaging to take a broccoli shot or drink than having to take another capsule,” stated Anders Rosengren, at the University of Gothenburg in Sweden and the research’s senior writer.
Diabetes afflicts more than 400 million individuals worldwide, 4 occasions as many people as in 1980. A part of the issue is the disease can progress unnoticed for years, even many years, till severe problems like compromised kidney perform come up.
Other articles you might like;
- Colour-changing tattoo ink could help people with diabetes
- Scientists reveal THIS technique can make you lose 2.5st in four months – without dieting
- ‘Alexa, what’s my blood sugar level and how much insulin should I take?’
- The Truth Behind Common Apple Cider Vinegar Uses You've Likely Heard Before
- Eating red onions ‘can prevent cancer’ and could protect against diabetes and heart disease