The number of overweight individuals has doubled since 1980 in 73 nations, the global staff of researchers wrote within the New England Journal of Medicine. Twelve % of adults and five % of youngsters are categorised as obese, which means their physique mass index (BMI), a measure of peak to weight, is significantly above the healthy degree.
“In 2015, a total of 107.7 million youngsters and 603.7 million adults have been overweight,” the workforce on the Institute for Health Metrics and Analysis (IHME) on the University of Washington, who led the research workforce, stated in a press release.
It’s killing them.
“In 2015, excessive BMI contributed to four million deaths, which represented 7.1 % of the deaths from any cause,” the staff wrote in their report.
Other articles you might like;
- Colour-changing tattoo ink could help people with diabetes
- Scientists reveal THIS technique can make you lose 2.5st in four months – without dieting
- ‘Alexa, what’s my blood sugar level and how much insulin should I take?’
- The Truth Behind Common Apple Cider Vinegar Uses You've Likely Heard Before
- Eating red onions ‘can prevent cancer’ and could protect against diabetes and heart disease