Apple CEO Tim Cook has been spotted around the company’s campus with a prototype for a new Apple Watch. This version of the smartwatch could soon have a blood sugar monitor that can help millions of people with diabetes.
According to a report by CNBC, CEO Tim Cook was seen around the Apple campus wearing a version of the smartwatch with a glucose or blood sugar monitor attached to it. This prototype could be incorporated into the Apple Watch itself, potentially becoming a non-invasive way for checking blood sugar. Cook himself mentioned during a ceremony at the University of Glasgow last February that he’s “been wearing a continuous glucose monitor for a few weeks.”
Other articles you might like;
- Colour-changing tattoo ink could help people with diabetes
- Scientists reveal THIS technique can make you lose 2.5st in four months – without dieting
- ‘Alexa, what’s my blood sugar level and how much insulin should I take?’
- The Truth Behind Common Apple Cider Vinegar Uses You've Likely Heard Before
- Eating red onions ‘can prevent cancer’ and could protect against diabetes and heart disease