Researchers at Capital Medical University in Beijing analyzed 20 research that embrace 250,016 individuals with diabetes, discovering a considerably decreased danger of all-cause mortality in obese sufferers when compared to normal weight sufferers.
The findings have been only noticed in elderly sufferers — not in younger ones.
Researchers examined the phenomenon often known as the weight problems paradox, which is a decrease danger of mortality for obese or overweight patients based mostly on physique mass index reported in a number of populations of patients with cardiovascular disease, heart failure and persistent kidney disease.
Nevertheless, the obesity paradox has not been studied to include patients with diabetes.
Other articles you might like;
- Colour-changing tattoo ink could help people with diabetes
- Scientists reveal THIS technique can make you lose 2.5st in four months – without dieting
- ‘Alexa, what’s my blood sugar level and how much insulin should I take?’
- The Truth Behind Common Apple Cider Vinegar Uses You've Likely Heard Before
- Eating red onions ‘can prevent cancer’ and could protect against diabetes and heart disease