Not getting enough sleep can disrupt hormones and metabolism and is understood to extend the danger of weight problems, researchers write within the journal Sleep.
“Brief sleep, often causing sleep debt, is widespread and inevitable in lots of instances, and is a danger factor for weight problems, hypertension, coronary heart illness, as well as mortality,” lead writer Dr. Chang-Ho Yun of the Seoul National University Budang Hospital advised Reuters Well being by e-mail.
Sleeping in could also be higher than napping, because the sleep could also be deeper and follows the body’s sleep-wake rhythms extra intently, Yun stated.
To find out how weekend sleep is said to body weight, the researchers used knowledge from a nationwide survey of greater than 2,000 people who ranged in age from 19 to 82 years previous.
In face-to-face interviews, researchers requested members about their peak and weight, weekday and weekend sleep habits, mood and medical circumstances.
The research workforce used this info to find out physique mass index (BMI), a measure of weight relative to peak, and whether individuals engaged in catch-up sleep on weekends.
Weekend catch-up sleep was defined as sleeping more hours on weekend nights in comparison with weekday nights.
Other articles you might like;
- Colour-changing tattoo ink could help people with diabetes
- Scientists reveal THIS technique can make you lose 2.5st in four months – without dieting
- ‘Alexa, what’s my blood sugar level and how much insulin should I take?’
- The Truth Behind Common Apple Cider Vinegar Uses You've Likely Heard Before
- Eating red onions ‘can prevent cancer’ and could protect against diabetes and heart disease