The Local Government Association, which represents more than 370 councils, states the continuing rise in cases of Type 2 diabetes in children is “a hugely disturbing trend” and an important reminder of one of the biggest public health challenges that the nation faces, before the first anniversary of the publication of the Government’s childhood obesity plan.
While not every case of Type 2 diabetes is as a result of becoming overweight and obese, it’s the single greatest risk factor.
Other articles you might like;
- Colour-changing tattoo ink could help people with diabetes
- Scientists reveal THIS technique can make you lose 2.5st in four months – without dieting
- ‘Alexa, what’s my blood sugar level and how much insulin should I take?’
- The Truth Behind Common Apple Cider Vinegar Uses You've Likely Heard Before
- Eating red onions ‘can prevent cancer’ and could protect against diabetes and heart disease