Glucose and Decrease Rates of Hypoglycaemia in a Real-world Setting
— Poster Shows #999-P, #1010-P, #1014-P
[편집자 주] 본고는 자료 제공사에서 제공한 것으로, 연합뉴스는 내용에 대해 어떠한 편집도 하지 않았음을 밝혀 드립니다.
(BAGSVÆRD, Denmark, June 10, 2017 PRNewswire=연합뉴스) Findings from the real-world research, EU-TREAT (EUropean TREsiba AudiT), have been introduced immediately on the American Diabetes Affiliation’s 77th Scientific Periods (ADA) in San Diego, US. The research confirmed that folks with sort 1 diabetes and sort 2 diabetes skilled a big discount in HbA1c (-0.2% for sort 1 diabetes and -Zero.5% for sort 2 diabetes) six months after switching to Tresiba(R) from another basal insulin, primarily insulin glargine U100 and insulin detemir, in a real-world setting. These results have been sustained at 12 months.,
Rates of general hypoglycaemia have been additionally considerably lower at six months after switching to Tresiba(R). In individuals with sort 1 diabetes, the speed of extreme hypoglycaemia was decreased by 85% and by 92% in individuals with sort 2 diabetes. Hypoglycaemia outcomes at 12 months have been according to these results.,
As well as, a big reduction in fasting plasma glucose was observed at six months (-18.7 mg/dL for sort 1 diabetes, and -23.7 mg/dL for sort 2 diabetes) and maintained for 12 months., The full day by day insulin dose additionally decreased significantly in individuals with sort 1 diabetes (-4.9 models) and sort 2 diabetes (-2.5 models) at six months, and remained secure at 12 months.,
“Actual-world research are necessary to know how outcomes from medical trials translate into real-world apply,” stated Mads Krogsgaard Thomsen, government vice chairman and chief science officer at Novo Nordisk. “Our real-world knowledge introduced at ADA reinforce what we’ve got seen in the medical trial programme, demonstrating improved glycaemic control and significantly lowered danger of hypoglycaemia when sufferers switched to Tresiba(R) from other basal insulins similar to insulin glargine and insulin detemir.”
Also introduced at ADA have been analyses from the US, utilizing the IBM Explorys platform, that similarly assessed the medical effectiveness of switching from some other basal insulin to Tresiba(R) in individuals with sort 2 diabetes. After switching to Tresiba(R), HbA1c decreased significantly (-Zero.75%), and the share of individuals reaching their goal HbA1c of
Tresiba(R) (insulin degludec) is a once-daily basal insulin that gives a period of motion beyond 42 hours with a flat and secure glucose-lowering effect., It offers low within-day and day-to-day variability and a decrease danger of general, nocturnal and extreme hypoglycaemia vs. insulin glargine U100., On events when administration on the similar time of day is just not attainable, Tresiba(R) allows for flexibility in day-to-day dosing time with a minimum of eight hours between injections. Tresiba(R) acquired its first regulatory approval in September 2012 and has since been accepted in more than 80 nations globally. It’s now commercially obtainable in more than 50 nations.
EU-TREAT (EUropean TREsiba AudiT) is a European, multicentre, real-world proof research (n=2,550) investigating the impact of switching to Tresiba(R) from another basal insulin in individuals with sort 1 (n=1,717) and sort 2 (n=833) diabetes. Sufferers have been switched from another basal insulin to Tresiba(R) 6 months prior to knowledge collection. End result measurements have been collected at 6±Three and 12±3 months after initiation on Tresiba(R) and was compared to baseline measurement taken from the prior basal insulin during a Three-month interval prior to initiation on Tresiba(R).,
Concerning the US real-world research
The US real-world analysis is a retrospective cohort analysis using anonymised digital data, medical billing and payor claims knowledge from the IBM Explorys platform for individuals with sort 2 diabetes (n=225). The IBM Explorys platform is a database which combines patient knowledge from totally different sources throughout clinically integrated networks. Individuals with sort 2 diabetes who used a basal insulin 90 days previous to initiating Tresiba(R) have been included. Measurements have been collected 90 days previous to, and 90±45 days after, initiating Tresiba(R).
Novo Nordisk is a worldwide healthcare firm with greater than 90 years of innovation and leadership in diabetes care. This heritage has given us experience and capabilities that additionally enable us to assist individuals defeat different critical persistent circumstances: haemophilia, progress issues and obesity. Headquartered in Denmark, Novo Nordisk employs roughly 42,000 individuals in 77 nations and markets its products in more than 165 nations. For extra info, go to novonordisk.com, Facebook [http://www.facebook.com/novonordisk ], Twitter [http://www.twitter.com/novonordisk ], LinkedIn [http://www.linkedin.com/company/novo-nordisk ], YouTube [http://www.youtube.com/novonordisk ]
1. Siegmund T, Tentolouris N, Knudsen TS, et al. EU-TREAT 1: Switching to insulin degludec reduces the danger of hypoglycaemia in sufferers with T1DM in a real-world setting. Poster presentation. 77th American Diabetes Association (ADA), San Diego, California, US. June 2017.
2. Schultes B, Tentolouris N, Knudsen TS, et al.EU-TREAT 2: Switching to insulin degludec improves glycaemic management in sufferers with T2DM in a real-world setting. Poster presentation. 77thAmerican Diabetes Association (ADA), San Diego, California, US. June 2017.
3. Tibaldi J, Hansen B, Wolden ML, et al. Real-world evaluation of medical effectiveness when switching to insulin degludec from another basal insulin amongst sort 2 diabetes sufferers in the US. Poster presentation. 77th American Diabetes Affiliation (ADA), San Diego, California, US. June 2017.
4. EMA. Tresiba(R) Abstract of Product Traits. Obtainable at: http://www.ema.europa.eu/docs/en_GB/document_library/EPAR_-_Product_Information/human/002498/WC500138940.pdf. Final accessed: Might 2017.
5. Haahr H, Heise T. A assessment of the pharmacological properties of insulin degludec and their medical relevance. Medical Pharmacokinetics. 2014; 53:787-800.
6. Novo Nordisk. Tresiba(R) demonstrates a protected cardiovascular profile and reduces the danger of severe hypoglycaemia in comparison with insulin glargine U100 within the DEVOTE trial. Firm announcement 29 November 2016. Out there at: http://www.novonordisk.com/media.html. Last accessed: Might 2017.
Other articles you might like;
- Colour-changing tattoo ink could help people with diabetes
- Scientists reveal THIS technique can make you lose 2.5st in four months – without dieting
- ‘Alexa, what’s my blood sugar level and how much insulin should I take?’
- The Truth Behind Common Apple Cider Vinegar Uses You've Likely Heard Before
- Eating red onions ‘can prevent cancer’ and could protect against diabetes and heart disease