A once-obese primate is going to be released back into the wilderness — even though he’s still a chunky monkey.
The beast, named “Uncle Fatty,” has been on a three-month-long diet, shrinking his girth from 59.5 pounds to 54.5 pounds — so an 8.4-percent weight loss, zookeepers in Bangkok said.
“His tummy no more drags on the floor,” Natanon Panpetch, a vet at the Wildlife Conservation Office, told the southeast Asian news website Coconuts. “He is in a perfect health and ready to be released. He has grown accustomed to the organic foods.”
Other articles you might like;
- Colour-changing tattoo ink could help people with diabetes
- Scientists reveal THIS technique can make you lose 2.5st in four months – without dieting
- ‘Alexa, what’s my blood sugar level and how much insulin should I take?’
- The Truth Behind Common Apple Cider Vinegar Uses You've Likely Heard Before
- Eating red onions ‘can prevent cancer’ and could protect against diabetes and heart disease