The problem is the oil’s excessive saturated fats content material – 87 grams per 100g – which is linked to cardiovascular disease. In a review published in the journal Circulation, the American Heart Association wrote: “Making an allowance for the totality of the scientific proof, satisfying rigorous standards for causality, we conclude strongly that decreasing consumption of saturated fats and replacing it with unsaturated fat, especially polyunsaturated fats, will decrease the incidence of CVD.”
They discovered that sticking to a weight-reduction plan low in saturated fat might probably forestall up to 5.2 million deaths from stroke, heart disease and different cardiovascular problems worldwide annually.
Other articles you might like;
- Colour-changing tattoo ink could help people with diabetes
- Scientists reveal THIS technique can make you lose 2.5st in four months – without dieting
- ‘Alexa, what’s my blood sugar level and how much insulin should I take?’
- The Truth Behind Common Apple Cider Vinegar Uses You've Likely Heard Before
- Eating red onions ‘can prevent cancer’ and could protect against diabetes and heart disease