Lead researcher Julen Sanz, from the University of Navarra in Spain, stated: “Our research means that plant-based diets are associated with substantially lower danger of creating weight problems. This supports present suggestions to shift to diets wealthy in plant meals, with decrease intake of animal foods.”
The research was introduced on the European Congress on Obesity in Porto.
Other articles you might like;
- Colour-changing tattoo ink could help people with diabetes
- Scientists reveal THIS technique can make you lose 2.5st in four months – without dieting
- ‘Alexa, what’s my blood sugar level and how much insulin should I take?’
- The Truth Behind Common Apple Cider Vinegar Uses You've Likely Heard Before
- Eating red onions ‘can prevent cancer’ and could protect against diabetes and heart disease