WINCHESTER — Up to 500 Frederick County Public Faculties staff have been given the opportunity to participate in a mass vaccination exercise being carried out by the Lord Fairfax Well being District.
The exercise began Thursday and will continue via in the present day. Photographs are being given at Adm. Richard E. Byrd Center Faculty, James Wooden Middle Faculty and Millbrook High Faculty. The vaccinations are being carried out as a part of an annual emergency exercise required by the Facilities for Disease Management and Prevention (CDC).
In accordance with a health district news launch, the exercise simulates how a primary medical level of allotting (POD) can be used during a public well being emergency, comparable to a pandemic, to rapidly deliver drugs or vaccinations to the general public.
“It might be something pure, and pandemic flu is the most important one we are involved about in america,” stated Dr. Colin Greene, health director of the health district, which encompasses the Northern Shenandoah Valley. “However there also might be an assault with weaponized illnesses.”
Other articles you might like;
- Colour-changing tattoo ink could help people with diabetes
- Scientists reveal THIS technique can make you lose 2.5st in four months – without dieting
- ‘Alexa, what’s my blood sugar level and how much insulin should I take?’
- The Truth Behind Common Apple Cider Vinegar Uses You've Likely Heard Before
- Eating red onions ‘can prevent cancer’ and could protect against diabetes and heart disease