But as it turns out, how hungry you’re post workout depends on how intense or how long that workout really was.
A recent study printed in Journal of Endocrinology recruited 16 healthy, fit young men (sorry, no girls due to controlling for the effects of women’s menstrual cycles). Participants were split into two groups: One group focused on intensity, ranging from a simple jog for 55 moments (50% of their maximum capacity) to a more vigorous pace for 36 moments (75% of maximum capacity), until they burned around 600 calories.
Other articles you might like;
- Colour-changing tattoo ink could help people with diabetes
- Scientists reveal THIS technique can make you lose 2.5st in four months – without dieting
- ‘Alexa, what’s my blood sugar level and how much insulin should I take?’
- The Truth Behind Common Apple Cider Vinegar Uses You've Likely Heard Before
- Eating red onions ‘can prevent cancer’ and could protect against diabetes and heart disease