The mind is vital in the regulation of appetite, body weight and metabolism. Particularly, there is a small group of POMC neurons within the hypothalamus that detect and combine alerts associated to the physique’s power state and activate the appropriate physiological responses. These neurons are sensitive to fluctuations in vitamins comparable to glucose, fatty acids and amino acids.
Now, a analysis undertaking co-chaired by Marc Claret and Antonio Zorzano, each members of the CIBERDEM network, reveals the connection between POMC neurons within the hypothalamus and the release of insulin by the pancreas, and describes new molecular mechanisms concerned in this connection. The research has been revealed in Cell Metabolism.
The connection between hypothalamus and pancreas
POMC neurons detect modifications in nutrient availability, but the molecular mechanisms concerned aren’t recognized intimately. Modifications within the shape of mitochondria, generally known as mitochondrial dynamics, serve as a mechanism of power adaptation in altering metabolic circumstances to adjust the needs of cells.
Other articles you might like;
- Colour-changing tattoo ink could help people with diabetes
- Scientists reveal THIS technique can make you lose 2.5st in four months – without dieting
- ‘Alexa, what’s my blood sugar level and how much insulin should I take?’
- The Truth Behind Common Apple Cider Vinegar Uses You've Likely Heard Before
- Eating red onions ‘can prevent cancer’ and could protect against diabetes and heart disease