What is even more surprising, however, is that Bitter trains and competes on almost no carbs. At times, carbohydrates account for as little as 5% of his diet–and Bitter insists that even we non-endurance record-holders can do exactly the same.
Ahead of his October run in the Javelina Jundred, we asked him how he does it.
Other articles you might like;
- Colour-changing tattoo ink could help people with diabetes
- Scientists reveal THIS technique can make you lose 2.5st in four months – without dieting
- ‘Alexa, what’s my blood sugar level and how much insulin should I take?’
- The Truth Behind Common Apple Cider Vinegar Uses You've Likely Heard Before
- Eating red onions ‘can prevent cancer’ and could protect against diabetes and heart disease