Hamad Medical Corporation
Hamad Medical Corporation’s (HMC) Medical Dietitian, Ms. Sawsan Riad Rizeq, says getting ready meals in Ramadan with recent elements and cooking them in a wholesome manner helps guarantee meals retain their nutritional value.
“Ramadan is right here again and lots of households have prepared nicely ahead for the fasting month. Fasting through the month of Ramadan is a chance to make vital modifications to your way of life and to develop the resolve to make wholesome life decisions. Purpose to organize and eat foods made with recent components throughout the month,” she stated.
In accordance with her, a practical information toward attaining wholesome eating all through the fasting interval consists of:
– Selecting nutritious meals: Select nourishing meals akin to cereals, greens, fruits, lean cuts of meat, legumes and low-fat dairy products.
– Modify the quantity of the food you eat: Giant quantities of food equal giant numbers on a weighing scale. It’s higher to eat sparsely, particularly in the course of the Iftar meal when hunger may be at its peak.
– Embrace nutritious meals in each meal: Start your meal with a number of items of dates, which are wealthy in simple sugar and could be a fast source of power that is easily digested. Also embrace some mineral drinks and water to stop thirst after an extended day of fasting.
– Drink milk or laban as an alternative of sweetened juices and tender drinks:These drinks will quench your thirst and give you an ample amount of protein and calcium.
Other articles you might like;
- Colour-changing tattoo ink could help people with diabetes
- Scientists reveal THIS technique can make you lose 2.5st in four months – without dieting
- ‘Alexa, what’s my blood sugar level and how much insulin should I take?’
- The Truth Behind Common Apple Cider Vinegar Uses You've Likely Heard Before
- Eating red onions ‘can prevent cancer’ and could protect against diabetes and heart disease