The federal authorities announced the first step in St. John’s this morning by launching public consultations on how meals are marketed to youngsters in Canada.
“A lot of the foods which might be marketed to youngsters are these ones which are excessive in fats, high in sugar, excessive in sodium, so that is what we’re taking a look at,” stated Hasan Hutchinson, director basic at Well being Canada, who is overseeing the consultations.
“That may then reduce out all the things like, in fact, your regular soda, most cookies, desserts, pies, puddings, ice cream, most cheeses as a result of they’re high in fats, they’re high in salt,” he stated.
Health Canada would additionally target meals corresponding to sugar-sweetened yogurt, frozen waffles, fruit juice, granola bars and potato chips.
The federal authorities appeared at the Quebec ban on promoting to youngsters, which has been in place since 1980.
Other articles you might like;
- Colour-changing tattoo ink could help people with diabetes
- Scientists reveal THIS technique can make you lose 2.5st in four months – without dieting
- ‘Alexa, what’s my blood sugar level and how much insulin should I take?’
- The Truth Behind Common Apple Cider Vinegar Uses You've Likely Heard Before
- Eating red onions ‘can prevent cancer’ and could protect against diabetes and heart disease