Snakebite is a debilitating illness in much of the tropics. In Sub-Saharan Africa alone, more than 30,000 people a year die from snakebite. But the elements of snake venom are additionally keenly researched for their potential therapeutic benefits – if particular person venom molecules are used in moderation. Venom molecules have been recognized as potential painkillers and drugs for use after heart attacks.
Other articles you might like;
- Colour-changing tattoo ink could help people with diabetes
- Scientists reveal THIS technique can make you lose 2.5st in four months – without dieting
- ‘Alexa, what’s my blood sugar level and how much insulin should I take?’
- The Truth Behind Common Apple Cider Vinegar Uses You've Likely Heard Before
- Eating red onions ‘can prevent cancer’ and could protect against diabetes and heart disease