Give our Regional Cook of The Week banana bread a try.
One Houma cook with diabetes said she was inspired by her love of candy to make the dish that got her first place at this year’s Bayou Gourmet Cookoff in the Healthy Eating division.
“I was prompted to make a candy dish with less sugar so that I could enjoy it without worrying about my blood glucose level,” stated Sharon Chatagnier, who won for her Homestyle Low Cal Banana Bread.
The retired teacher has engaged in The Courier and Daily Comet’s cook-off for three years and also earned awards in the past for her Yummy Shrimp Dip and Spinach and Artichoke Soup with Shrimp. She attributed her experience of cooking for her time she cooked for her family of six, including four sons|cooking.
Other articles you might like;
- Colour-changing tattoo ink could help people with diabetes
- Scientists reveal THIS technique can make you lose 2.5st in four months – without dieting
- ‘Alexa, what’s my blood sugar level and how much insulin should I take?’
- The Truth Behind Common Apple Cider Vinegar Uses You've Likely Heard Before
- Eating red onions ‘can prevent cancer’ and could protect against diabetes and heart disease