The scientists have developed special tattoo ink that incorporates chemical compounds that may sense, pH, and sodium. When blood sugar goes up, for instance, the glucose sensing ink modifications from blue to brown. When a person’s salt ranges improve, the sodium sensing ink becomes a more vibrant inexperienced beneath UV mild. When alkaline levels shifts, a pH sensor modifications from purple to pink.
The DermalAbyss ink – nonetheless in what scientists call the “proof-of-concept” stage – alters its hues in response to modifications in the fluids inside a person’s physique, MIT Media Lab researcher Xin Liu informed CBS News. It literally becomes an interactive show.
“Individuals with diabetes e mail us and say, ‘I need to attempt it out,’” Liu stated.
Other articles you might like;
- Colour-changing tattoo ink could help people with diabetes
- Scientists reveal THIS technique can make you lose 2.5st in four months – without dieting
- ‘Alexa, what’s my blood sugar level and how much insulin should I take?’
- The Truth Behind Common Apple Cider Vinegar Uses You've Likely Heard Before
- Eating red onions ‘can prevent cancer’ and could protect against diabetes and heart disease