They found those who had eaten more carbs firstly of the day had larger levels of dopamine, the brain’s “reward” chemical which may produce emotions of happiness.
Low Carb Bangers & Mash with Sage & Onion Gravy by Joe Wicks
PICTURE: Maja Smend
Against this, low levels of dopamine might mean they might feel a have to take anything they will get right away – even when there was the potential for a greater supply in future.
Other articles you might like;
- Colour-changing tattoo ink could help people with diabetes
- Scientists reveal THIS technique can make you lose 2.5st in four months – without dieting
- ‘Alexa, what’s my blood sugar level and how much insulin should I take?’
- The Truth Behind Common Apple Cider Vinegar Uses You've Likely Heard Before
- Eating red onions ‘can prevent cancer’ and could protect against diabetes and heart disease