Based on the brand new findings, a whopping 83 per cent of adults in Cambridge eat three or fewer portions of fruit and/or greens a day – nicely under the advisable 5 portions.
On prime of this 58 per cent of individuals don’t even understand how huge a portion of vegetables is, whereas 54 per cent gained’t eat any fruit no less than three days every week.
The survey was commissioned by Diabetes UK to advertise its ‘Meals you’re keen on’ healthy eating campaign in Diabetes Week, which started yesterday (June 11) and runs until Saturday, June 17.
Sharon Roberts, Diabetes UK East of England regional head, stated: “These survey results are a huge trigger for concern once you recognise the fact that within the UK, 3.6million individuals have been recognized with diabetes and 11.9million individuals are at elevated danger of creating Sort 2 diabetes.
Other articles you might like;
- Colour-changing tattoo ink could help people with diabetes
- Scientists reveal THIS technique can make you lose 2.5st in four months – without dieting
- ‘Alexa, what’s my blood sugar level and how much insulin should I take?’
- The Truth Behind Common Apple Cider Vinegar Uses You've Likely Heard Before
- Eating red onions ‘can prevent cancer’ and could protect against diabetes and heart disease