After years of adapting recipes to keep her husband, Bob, on a healthy diet, Linda Vergamini of Council Bluffs is sharing what she’s learned.
Linda compiled a cookbook she predicts, “It Took a Catastrophe to Stop the Cheating or LindaV’s Healthy Cookbook.”
“We have had a whole lot of fun with it, and we have all been learning,” she said.
Bob has had to change his diet several times for health reasons. The first time was back in 1994 — soon after their 25th wedding anniversary. He had been walking|walked down the road, and things began to look fuzzy. They went to see his chief|his doctor, who tried to test his blood glucose level|see.
“My blood sugar was so high his machine could not read it,” he said.
Other articles you might like;
- Colour-changing tattoo ink could help people with diabetes
- Scientists reveal THIS technique can make you lose 2.5st in four months – without dieting
- ‘Alexa, what’s my blood sugar level and how much insulin should I take?’
- The Truth Behind Common Apple Cider Vinegar Uses You've Likely Heard Before
- Eating red onions ‘can prevent cancer’ and could protect against diabetes and heart disease