Which will sound like charges are excessive, however it is very important keep in mind only a tiny fraction of Australians are eligible for weight reduction surgery, and very few are getting it in our public hospitals.
Weight loss surgical procedure, also called bariatric surgery, consists of laparoscopic adjustable gastric band, sleeve gastrectomy and gastric bypass operations. The surgical procedure allows only small meals, that fulfill like larger ones. Specialists contemplate it a highly effective treatment for weight problems where food regimen and exercise haven’t resulted in weight reduction.
Like all main surgical procedures, it carries risks, however laparoscopic procedures obtainable nowadays make it much less invasive than it once was.
What does the brand new report show?
Weight loss surgical procedure in public hospitals is uncommon
The AIHW report, Weight loss surgery in Australia 2014-15: Australian hospital statistics, confirmed that admissions to hospital for weight reduction surgical procedure grew to 22,713 in 2014-15, up from about 9,300 in 2005-06.
Other articles you might like;
- Colour-changing tattoo ink could help people with diabetes
- Scientists reveal THIS technique can make you lose 2.5st in four months – without dieting
- ‘Alexa, what’s my blood sugar level and how much insulin should I take?’
- The Truth Behind Common Apple Cider Vinegar Uses You've Likely Heard Before
- Eating red onions ‘can prevent cancer’ and could protect against diabetes and heart disease