It’s develop into a punchline within the tech business that every start-up is out to vary the world. Relating to medical know-how, nevertheless, a few of the largest names in Silicon Valley are poised to do exactly that.
Apple, Google and Amazon have introduced or are reported to be creating cutting-edge technologies for managing diabetes, one of the fastest-growing persistent sicknesses, affecting more than 420 million individuals worldwide.
Specialists say we’re at the dawn of a new period of private know-how for quite a lot of persistent circumstances, including diabetes, coronary heart disease and hypertension.
“It really isn’t a surprise you’d see corporations like Apple and Google specializing in this,” stated Mike Matson, a senior analyst on the investment firm Needham & Co. “They’re all the time on the lookout for new alternatives for progress and healthcare is an enormous market.”
Managing a persistent condition can depend upon quick access to knowledge, he stated. “In case you’re a Google or Apple, you understand how to manage knowledge.”
The newest diabetes-related tech endeavor to be announced is the Alexa Diabetes Challenge, which focuses on discovering ways for the Amazon Echo sensible speaker — and its Alexa digital assistant — to assist individuals with Sort 2 diabetes in dwelling healthier lives.
Other articles you might like;
- Colour-changing tattoo ink could help people with diabetes
- Scientists reveal THIS technique can make you lose 2.5st in four months – without dieting
- ‘Alexa, what’s my blood sugar level and how much insulin should I take?’
- The Truth Behind Common Apple Cider Vinegar Uses You've Likely Heard Before
- Eating red onions ‘can prevent cancer’ and could protect against diabetes and heart disease